Now, there are plenty of foods that the US does best...pizza, burritos, bagels (okay, after typing this I realized... Italy, Mexico and Austria according to bagelsforever.com, who knew that was a website, but having never been to any of these countries, I'm pretty partial to their American food descendants). A better example probably would've been: corn-on-the-cob, peanut butter in everything, apple pie, and everything pumpkin, but this is off the point. The point I was trying to make before I got completely sidetracked (can you tell I'm waiting for my dinner to cook?) is that I've discovered several foods here in Russia that are much better than their American counterparts. Hopefully as I add to this list, I'll come back to this post and add to it.
1. Chocolate
-Pretty sure this is actually everywhere that isn't the US. I love chocolate a lot, but the stuff in the US just isn't the best.
2. Pickles
-There are some that aren't as good, but since the country's national spice is probably dill, they know what they're doing.
3. Vodka

-It means "little water" for heaven's sake.
4. Yogurt and yogurt-related products
The official translation for "творожок" is "curd air" which I think is supposed to be whipped curd? I don't know, it's flavored with fruit on the bottom like yogurt and I'm obsessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment