Sunday, September 22, 2013

The days grow short when you reach September, when the Autumn weather turns the leaves to flame

It was nice, for a change, to have a relaxing weekend. It was a beautiful Fall day today, and there was even a point of the day where the sun shone through (a relative novelty in Moscow)! It's my first Fall not spent in New England, but I'm happy to report that some things, including a crisp feeling to the air, and that Fall smell, exist in other parts of the world, too!
I was surprised when I went just beyond the train station from which I commute every day to find this road, which, lined by trees and some fields, felt like I was in the country, rather than just outside of a huge city.

The dolgo prudny (Long Pond) for which my suburb is named.

Managed to find some foliage!

The sun shone through for a bit this afternoon, there were lots of families taking advantage of the warm-ish weather and the sun on nice Sunday afternoon.

The view from my apartment.

My apartment didn't have any real supplies for baking, so I bought this pan today and made a delicious baked ziti with chicken!
For now, there's one more week of training and commuting into Moscow, and then I'll actually start teaching! Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment