Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Training to training

So I wrote a really long blog post yesterday on my way home from the city, but apparently when my phone ran out of battery the draft didn't save. I am currently on my way back into the city for day three of training. So I'm training to get to training (haha get it?). I feel like I'm starting to feel just a tad more comfortable here, because I've actually unpacked, I'm starting to get to know people, and I'm getting into a routine. 

Even though our days are long--we have class from 10:45-7:30 or longer but I add at least 2 hours on either side for the commute, etc.--but our classes are only about an hour each, so they go by pretty quickly, and they're quite interesting. We split the time between teaching methodologies and English grammar lessons. The teaching stuff is very specific, but we're going to be getting a ton of time to practice during ITP (training) and a ton if feedback, which I think, though demanding, is going to be incredibly useful.

Perhaps surprisingly, even though I'm in a foreign land where I don't speak the language all that well, one of the hardest things so far has been living on my own for the first time, and cooking for myself. I'm realizing the difficulties of wanting to eat right away but still having to cook for myself. I have successfully cooked a sort of pasta salad and some macaroni and cheese (stove top but from scratch!). I'm hoping to do some meal planning and pre-shopping this weekend when I have a bit more time and maybe even some baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment