Sunday, September 8, 2013

Moscow Day!

Yesterday was Moscow Day. There were celebrations around the city, so we spent the day exploring some of the different parts of the city, which was cool anyways because it was really only the second day I've been able to explore Moscow, since I spent most of the last week in training.

 Training has been pretty intense for the past week, but I've definitely learned a lot so far. We begin practice teaching with real Russians for the first time on Monday. I'm feeling pretty nervous, but also very excited. Hopefully they will be forgiving, and I'll get a lot of really useful feedback!

Here are some pictures from Moscow Day:
Statue of Chekov in the metro station


Yuri Danilovich, one of the first princes of Moscow in the 13th century.

St. Basil's Cathedral.

The Kremlin

Russian flag on top of the Kremlin

Entrance to Gorky Park, one of Moscow's largest parks, which lies along the Moskva River.

What's Up Dog? American Hot Dog Company.

Probably one of the most American things I've eaten it in a while.

Gorky Park, complete with its own model of a Soviet space shuttle.

Gorky Park

The Moskva River.

MGU, Moscow University, which sits on top of a hill overlooking a city.

Main building, MGU.

MGU.

Fireworks to end a great Moscow day.


1 comment: